Read somewhere & found it worth sharing with lessons I learned from it. If you find it worthy, please share and don’t copy :
An elephant and a dog became pregnant at same time. Three months down the line the dog gave birth to six puppies. Six months later the dog was pregnant again, and nine months on it gave birth to another dozen puppies. The pattern continued.
On the eighteenth month the dog approached the elephant questioning, _”Are you sure that you are pregnant? We became pregnant on the same date, I have given birth three times to a dozen puppies and they are now grown to become big dogs, yet you are still pregnant. Whats going on?”
The elephant replied, _”There is something I want you to understand. What I am carrying is not a puppy but an elephant. I only give birth to one in two years. When my baby hits the ground, the earth feels it. When my baby crosses the road, human beings stop and watch in admiration, what I carry draws attention. So what I’m carrying is mighty and great.”.
I have contemplated few lesson from this anecdote :
1. Don’t collate yourself with other, you are born to be unique having different competencies.
2. Patience is the key – Don’t loose it by watching others’ success.
3. There is a sense of undercurrent in diffidence. Believe in yourself, and the outcome you are waiting for.
4. People will speak as per their understanding, its you who have to make them understand in your belief.
5. Don’t despair, great things take time to happen. And when it takes into shape, the whole world will admire it.
Please share your views also in comment section.