Flash Pitch, an event series that brings together a diverse group of founders, investors and entrepreneurs together to watch startups pitch their ventures. Each company is given 2 minutes to pitch, followed by 3 minutes of Q&A and 3 minutes of feedback with the investors. We have seen that this method keeps founders concise and effective; in turn, keeping investors engaged. The network builds on top the event series as we develop a community of NYC’s top entrepreneurs and investors.
Prices vary depending on the monthly sponsors. For example, the winner of their November 2017 startup pitch competition got a free workspace at Future Labs for one month, AWS credits, legal services, and $3,000 sponsorship as part of their IBM Watson AI XPrize Wildcard Registration.
- Name: Flash Pitch NYC
- Location: New York City
- Apply URL: https://www.flashpitch.nyc/apply-to-pitch
Our core values are based around our 3 P’s:
- Providing Opportunity
- Promoting Diversity
- Propelling Companies
Since our inception, we have had:
- 750+ applications to Flash Pitch
- 125 startups selected to pitch
- 50 top tier investors
- 20 companies featured in major publications including the NY Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Inc and InStyle
- 20% of companies who pitch go on to be accepted into accelerators (AI Nexus Lab, Y-Combinator, Techstars) and/or raise venture
Meet the Founders (The Future Labs)
The Future Labs at NYU Tandon School of engineering are a network of innovation spaces and programs that support early-stage startups in New York City through a venture catalyst role. We accept high-potential companies (no NYU affiliation required) and build on their success with a unique approach that emphasizes success rate, sustainability, revenue and growth,
Since 2009, incubator companies have:
- Created more than 1,250 jobs
- Raised more than $145 million in capital
- Had a local economic impact of $352 million
With three locations in Varick, Dumbo, and Metrotech, we place our companies in the heart of NYC to capture the heartbeat of this great city. EntrepreneurBus wishes all the very best to all the startups who are participating in the event.